Registration for 2021-2022 Kindergarten student or “New to Cleveland” Student:
Information needed to enroll:
1. Your child’s birth certificate
2. Previous years report cards
3. Two proofs of address (Types Accepted listed in Enrollment Procedure below)
4. Medical records
Elementary school registration checklist:
Research shows that healthy students have better attendance and perform better in school, academically. Children must have proof of required immunizations and health exams before October 15th, or they will face exclusion from school. Please remember that a healthy child is a healthy learner.
Kindergarten Enrollment Eligibility: All children residing in the City of Chicago who are 5 years old on or before September 1 of the current school year, are eligible for enrollment into a CPS Kindergarten program.
The parent, legal guardian, or temporary custodian of any elementary age child enrolling in a Chicago public school is required to submit proof of age and required medical records to the school.
Proof of Age
- Child’s birth certificate
Proof of Current Address – must be in the school boundaries
- Current utility bills
- Illinois Driver’s license or State of Illinois ID card
- Employee identification card
- Court documents
- Illinois Department of Public Aid card
- Stamped United States Post Office change of address form
- Illinois state aid check/social security check
- Other identification card issued by a federal or state agency or a foreign government consulate, such as a Matricula Consula
Children are encouraged to submit their required immunizations and physicals prior to the start of the school year and no later than October 15 of the current school or they will face expulsion from school.
Physical examination requirements
All students must have a physical examination within one year of:
- entering schools in the State of Illinois for the first time, at any grade level
- entering kindergarten or 1st grade, 6th grade, and 9th grade (ages 5, 10, 15 for ungraded programs)
- entering preschool, up to age 6 (physical exam and lead screenings)
- Diphtheria, Pertussis (Whooping Cough), Tetanus (DTP/Td)
- Inactivated Polio
- Hepatitis B
- Varicella (Chicken Pox)
- Haemophillus Influenza, Type B (HIB)
All students in Kindergarten, 2nd, and 6th grade must have a dental exam completed by a licensed dentist prior to May 15th of the current school year.
If you have any questions, please contact the school office at 773-534-5130.