Local School Council
Why were LSCs Created?
LSCs were created by The Chicago School Reform Act of 1998 with the intent of improving academic achievement, by placing the primary responsibility for school governance and improvement in the hands of parents, community residents, teachers, and the school principal at the school level. 105 ILCS 5/34-1.01.
What are the Responsibilities of an LSC?
- Approving how school funds and resources are allocated.
- Developing and monitoring the School Improvement Plan (Continuous Improvement Work Plan).
- Evaluating and selecting the school’s principal.
Our Next Meeting
May 19, 2022 at 5:30pm
In Person in the Cleveland Elementary School Lunchroom located at 3121 W Byron Street, Chicago, IL 60618
We welcome input within the LSC scope, which include theContinuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP), budget issues, and Principal Reports. We will take the time to listen and consider, but may not comment. We ask that you keep your comments to two minutes so that we can respect the meeting timeframe.
We understand that some people may not be able to attend the meeting to share their comments or may not feel comfortable publicly speaking, therefore we have created this form allowing you to share your comments.
Should you have any questions at this time please feel free to email ClevelandLSC@gmail.com.
Currently on the Cleveland School LSC there is a Community Vacancy. This serves as Public Notice
regarding the filling of this position. There is an application process to fill the vacancy. In regards to the
community vacancy, you must be a community member of the Cleveland School attendance boundary.
All Applications are due by Wednesday, June 15, 2022 @ 3:00 p.m. The current members of the LSC
will review all applications received at our next meeting on Thursday, June 17, at 5:30 p.m. and a vote
will be conducted to fill Community Vacancy. Applications are available online under LSC Relations
www.cps.edu/about/local-school-councils/ as well as in the main office or see Ms. Stanton in room 112.
Additionally, you must complete the requirements put forth by CPS- LSC Relations:
- All LSC members must complete a fingerprint-based criminal background check during every two-year term that they serve. If an LSC member has previously provided his or her fingerprints for completion of the criminal background check during a previous LSC term, he or she will be asked to do so during the new term.
- All LSC members are required to complete a 16-hour training program within 6 months of taking office.
- All LSC members must complete and submit a Statement of Economic Interests for the 12 months preceding the beginning of their term and for each year of their term.
- No parent or community member of an LSC may be employed by the Board of Education.
- No LSC member may be employed by a third party to work at the school where he or she serves.
Please note that when committing to be a member of the Cleveland LSC the following dates are for this current school and the term you will be committing to:
• September 9, 2021 at 5:30pm Special Organizational Meeting
• September 16, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• October 21, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• November 18, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• November 18, 2021 after the Regular Meeting Special Meeting
• December 16, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• January 20, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• February 17, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• March 17, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• March 22, 2021 at 5:30pm Special Meeting
• April 4, 2022 at 5:30pm Special Meeting
• April 21, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• May 19, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
• June 16, 2022 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
LSC Reference Guide
2021-2022 LSC Meeting Dates
- September 9, 2021 at 5:30pm Special Organizational Meeting
- September 16, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- October 21, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- November 18, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting STATE OF THE SCHOOL PRESENTATION
- November 18, 2021 after the Regular Meeting Special Meeting
- December 16, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- January 20, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- February 17, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- March 17, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- March 22, 2021 at 5:30pm Special Meeting
- April 4, 2021 at 5:30pm Special Meeting BUDGET APPROVAL FOR 2022-2023
- April 21, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- May 19, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
- June 16, 2021 at 5:30pm Regular Meeting
2021-2022 LSC Members
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE: Roberto Castrejon
NON TEACHER STAFF REPRESENTATIVE: Esperanza Aguado-Leon
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Yuditd Cuenca
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Salvador Gutierrez- Vice Chairperson
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Jason Ruiz
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Danny Scott
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Jennifer Wilson- Chairperson
- PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: David Yuknis
PRINCIPAL: Debora Ward
TEACHER REPRESENTATIVE: Kristine Stanton- Secretary
TEACHER REPRESENTATIVE: Pamela Tivers
Email us at ClevelandLSC@gmail.com