Local School Council
Why were LSCs Created?
LSCs were created by The Chicago School Reform Act of 1998 with the intent of improving academic achievement, by placing the primary responsibility for school governance and improvement in the hands of parents, community residents, teachers, and the school principal at the school level. 105 ILCS 5/34-1.01.
What are the Responsibilities of an LSC?
- Approving how school funds and resources are allocated.
- Developing and monitoring the School Improvement Plan (Continuous Improvement Work Plan).
- Evaluating and selecting the school’s principal.
Our Next Regular Meeting
To Be Determined
Public Comments/ Comentarios Públicos:
We welcome input within LSC scope, which include the Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP), budget issues, and Principal Reports. We will take the time to listen and consider, but may not comment. We ask that you keep your comments to two minutes so that we can respect the meeting time frame.
Damos la bienvenida a las aportaciones dentro del alcance de LSC, que incluyen el Plan de trabajo de continua mejora (CIWP), cuestiones presupuestarias e informes principales. Nosotros tomaremos el tiempo para escuchar y considerar, pero no podemos comentar. Les pedimos que mantengan sus comentarios por dos minutos para que podamos respetar el plazo de tiempo que tenemos para la reunión.
2021 LSC Meeting Dates
January 21, 2021: Organizational Meeting 4:30pm
January 21, 2021: Regular Meeting 5:30pm
- February 18, 2021: Regular Meeting 5:30pm
- March 18, 2021: Regular Meeting 5:30pm
April 15, 2021: Regular Meeting 5:30pm
- April 26, 2021: Special Meeting 5:30pm
- May 11, 2021: Special Meeting 5:30pm
- May 19, 2021: Special Meeting 5:30pm *Budget & State of School*
- May 20, 2021: Regular Meeting 5:30pm
- June 3, 2021: Special Meeting 5:30pm
- June 17, 2021:Regular Meeting 5:30pm
- July 1, 2021: Organizational-Special Meeting 5:30pm
2021 LSC Members
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE: Roberto Castrejon
COMMUNITY REPRESENTATIVE: Claudia Orellana
NON TEACHER STAFF REPRESENTATIVE: Esperanza Aguado-Leon
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Yuditd Cuenca
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Salvador Gutierrez
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Rosa Pacheco
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Jason Ruiz, Vice Chairperson
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Danny Scott
PARENT REPRESENTATIVE: Jennifer Wilson, Chairperson
PRINCIPAL: Debora Ward
TEACHER REPRESENTATIVE: Kristine Stanton, Secretary
TEACHER REPRESENTATIVE: Pamela Tivers
Email us at ClevelandLSC@gmail.com