Local School Council
LSC Parent Vacancy
Currently on the Cleveland School LSC there is a Parent Vacancy.
This serves as Public Notice regarding the filling of this position.
Why were LSCs Created?
LSCs were created by The Chicago School Reform Act of 1998 with the intent of improving academic achievement, by placing the primary responsibility for school governance and improvement in the hands of parents, community residents, teachers, and the school principal at the school level. 105 ILCS 5/34-1.01.
What are the Responsibilities of an LSC?
- Approving how school funds and resources are allocated.
- Developing and monitoring the School Improvement Plan (Continuous Improvement Work Plan).
- Evaluating and selecting the school’s principal.
We welcome input within the LSC scope, which include the Continuous Improvement Work Plan (CIWP), budget issues, and Principal Reports. We will take the time to listen and consider, but may not comment. We ask that you keep your comments to two minutes so that we can respect the meeting timeframe.
We understand that some people may not be able to attend the meeting to share their comments or may not feel comfortable publicly speaking, therefore we have created this form allowing you to share your comments.
Should you have any questions at this time please feel free to email ClevelandLSC@gmail.com.
CPS LSC Information
The Office of Local School Council Relations provides support and technical assistance to Local School Councils (LSCs) as they carry out the responsibilities of local school governance.
LSC Application Form
What are the requirements of LSC members?
- Complete and submit the set of applications (forms 1-22, 2-22 and 3-22) to the school in which you are seeking candidacy or The Office of Local School Council Relations.
- Complete required training within 6 months of taking office
- File an Annual Statement of Economic Interests
- Complete a Criminal Conviction Disclosure Form
- Undergo a fingerprint-based criminal conviction investigation
Forms are available online at LSC Elections or your school.